Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Daniel 2:20-22

"Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his.
He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.
He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him." Dan. 2:20-22

For a variety of people, this year's election is nothing less than an all out civil war between two diametrically opposing views. As we all watch this election unfold and people threaten to move to Canada if XYZ becomes president, I think we would all do well to remember that it is the Lord who changes times and seasons, who brings leaders to power, and takes them down. Nothing is out of his hand. Pray for the leadership that is coming,

"First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth."

2 Deep Thoughts:

Her said...

Absolutely. It's these words that we need remind ourselves of if we see disappointing outcomes tonight, and possibly the next 4-8 years. Great post.

pondering said...

OOOOOOh... I get it now! I was SO confused! I was wondering why you said "this verse looks familiar" on my facebook note!?!?! Then I come to your blog and see this!
Now I see! What a coinkidenk! Wow. I guess God is moving in our hearts the same way.
Which BTW, facebook didn't publish my entire note at the time you commented on it and I didn't know that, because I was rushing to get it on my facebook on my break at work. I have no time to ever look at facebook or anything like that at work, so I frantically typed out my note, logged on facebook, pasted it, and logged back out. But I got the note fixed now, the whole thing now shows, and I also put it on my blog.