Monday, March 5, 2007

a little here, a little there...

While I wait for the return of Jesus, I have two things that I think about on a daily basis that keep me grounded. One is living a life above reproach at work so that I have a living testimony to my co-workers and show them the grace and truth of serving Christ. The other is finding things to do with my ACTIVE children who are VERY social.

On the first count, I was able to share my testimony and the gospel message with a coworker today. His wife has been unfaithful and he's kind of at the end of himself. He can't sleep, his health is tanking, he has 3 daughters to take care of and has no foundation or source of hope. I won't mention his name, but please pray for him, that the Lord would show him how faithful he is and how much hope we all have in Jesus, not just to escape Hell, but to have life abundantly here on Earth.

Speaking of life here on Earth, my girls are doing me in lately. If any of my faithful readers would like to subsidize pre-school for my 4 year old next fall, please, let me know. I have confronted my own introversion and I cannot keep up with a radically extroverted daughter. I've come up with what I feel to be a brilliant idea. What do you think of having "play dates" (who came up with that phrase anyway? Can't kids just play anymore? NO, because we are so BUSY and we don't know are neighbors. Oh, and there's crazy people out there so the kids can't just play outside)oh, sorry. Play dates for introverted moms. Bring your kids and a book. BYOB.

You don't have to talk. In fact, talking about meaningless and trivial things is strictly prohibited. No obligatory ramblings about how brilliant your child is, their latest sport or outfit, your new car or new house or new hair color. You MAY show up in your pajama pants and you MAY have no make up and show how many facial blemishes you really have. Slippers are a plus. Your kids should be clean and not snotty but may also be in pajamas. It can be last minute. It does not need to be in my date book for 2 months as long as you don't expect sparkling floors and pristine glass.

Are there any of you out there? Anyone who relates with the fact that I only have 1200 square feet to live in and it JUST GETS MESSY QUICK? Anyone who avoids the park and the library because everyone feels the need to talk about themselves and their children but NEVER introduce themselves? What a bizarre world.

Introverts of the world unite.

I suppose that will never happen unless it's a blogging play date because we're all at home, hunkered down, playing Candyland and reading books and going for walks and praying that our children won't be damaged from our solitude.

There is an endless amount essentially benign and unimportant things to get your nighty in a knot and feel guilty about, huh?

Mom, you were right. When you become a mother you should get a T-Shirt that says "Bring on the Guilt."

Amen. Come quickly Lord.

2 Deep Thoughts:

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

That is so aweome Kacey! :) I will keep your coworker in my prayers! I love playdates with other kids. I had a friend over last week that brought all of her scrap stuff. The kids destroyed upstairs but stayed out of our hair while we worked on updating.

Mia said...

waaaahhaahahhaha! that was funny.
you do crack me up.
Play dates for introvert moms
wahahahwahwhah.

i will pray for your co worker.:(