Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Refelctions on Poo (no, not Pooh, just Poo)


So, I'm so engrossed in cleaning my kitchen (one has to become completely engrossed when one waits a week to do dishes) that I lost track of where both girls are. I glance over my shoulder, and my firstborn is dutifully cleaning the living room windows. Girl number 2 in the dynamic duo is meandering. You know, that "I'm so bored and I'm not old enough to do anything real constructive so I'll just get into trouble" meandering.

She's itching her rear end.

Poor kid. Stinks to have eczema on your biscuits. Then, I squint and look closer. She quickly stuffs her two middle fingers into her mouth. She sucks these regularly and is ambidextrous. Oh no.

I yell out loud to the heavens, "Oh, dear Father, no!!" But it's too late.

She has transferred whatever was looming in her diaper to her mouth. I am nauseated, and yet, I have to act. Lets just say, 30 minutes later both mom and kid are poo free and smelling much better. I silently thanked the Lord that it was me and not her dad; he's a wonderful father but has a significantly weaker stomach. Wow, the days of my life.


While I wait for the King, I become much more humble, much more resilient, much more thankful for the small things.

I truly believe that all you poo cleaning mamas out there deserve a big ol' badge to wear that says something to the effect of, "I cleaned up nasty poo and all I got was this stinking badge."

On second thought, badges? We don't need no stinking badges. Just chalk it up to treasure in heaven. Very few people will ever know the sacrifices made by mothers (that is, unless you become a mother yourself, or you read my blog in which I detail with precision just how much of a giver I am) but thank goodness, really and truly, that the Father knows. He will indeed reward all of us who give up many other things to change diapers...but also... to receive those smiles and giggles and read those books and tell those kiddos just how much they're worth. They're worth everything.

May I never forget what a blessing these precious moments are. I won't be their favorite person for very much longer.(Just ask my firstborn, she'll tell you, and she knows! She is, after all, almost 4.)

3 Deep Thoughts:

mommyjen said...

Ok, Princess...where do you find the time to type all that and still chase 2 little girls and clean the kitchen?!!! I have to say I totally relate ( had to hose one of mine down once on the deck in February...weak stomach too).But it is all a blessing and always good for a laugh later on.
I had to say thanks for the "getting my house in order" comment!!! That is EXACTLY how I've been feeling... like company is coming. I even have the thought each day to make sure I look presentable ( with 4 kids that can be a struggle at times :)! )just in case !!! How crazy is that ? He knows what I look like in my darkest hour and STILL loves me!! Amazing ,isn't it ?! As far as my 'story' I poured it all out on wjm's site so feel free to have a glance. Of course there was plenty more I could have added but I do feel that He forgave me and I need to try to move on. The wine -thing is a current situation that seems to be finally overcome through Him.
I have to go tuck in all my sweeties!! Sleep well and I'll be talking to you soon... unless of course.... I see you at the cafe first !!!! bye for now --- jen

forgiven daughter said...

Kacey,

I've been checking blogs in spare time from the Lisa part of my life. You are too funny! My kids are 8, 14, 16, 18. I miss those ages of poo! Enjoy them while they last(weak stomach and all). They go by SO fast!

Love reading your comments at Joels.

In Him

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

Oh..my... ewww!! You do deserve a badge for that one Kasey! :) I could just hear you through your post. We miss you guys!