Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Walking the Tight Rope

In light of my last post, I wanted to make sure that I am not mistaken for one that does not understand the Love of God.

I was awake at 1:00 in the morning last night, unable to sleep. A picture flashed through my mind I was not expecting. I was suspended high in the air on a tight rope. As I looked down, I could see clearly that there was no safety net.

On my left hand side I could see the word grace painted in red on the ground; to my right I could see the word truth. As I stared downward, I could feel myself start to lean in one direction until it felt as if I was being pulled down by an unseen force. A hand reached out and steadied me. No sooner had I been steadied than I began to stumble in the other direction. Again, God's right hand, the Lord Jesus steadied me.

That hand then gently lifted my chin so that I could not look at the ground, but only straight ahead. As I gazed ahead, I could see the Lord on the platform in front of me at the end of the tight rope. He was beckoning me forward. A flood of scripture came to my mind.

I was Peter, tossed on stormy seas, able to walk on water if I kept my eyes on Jesus. I was fixing my eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of my faith, running a race surrounded by a cloud of witnesses.

The walk of faith demands that we understand grace and truth as dual sides of a beautiful reality that culminates in the person of the Lord Jesus. Only when we fix our eyes on him can we steady our walk, can our vision become clear, can we see the world around us through the eyes of faith.

As aliens and strangers here, pilgrims on a journey, living in tabernacles waiting for our glorious redemption, Let us fix our eyes on Jesus. It is through the power of his Spirit that we are changed, that we are conformed into his likeness. It is in him we live and move and have our being. It is through his life, death, and resurrection that the whole counsel of scripture, the whole magnitude of God's plan and character is revealed.

How should we tell people about him? How should we live for him? Let us look to who he is for the answers. He is the alpha and omega, the beginning and the end. He is the Lord of all, the great I AM, the bright morning star, the Messiah, the Anointed One, our Passover Lamb, the Lamb that was slain, the Lion of Judah, our peace, our sin offering,the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being... the punishment and wrath we deserved was laid upon his shoulders, and by his wounds we are healed.

Faithfulness. A steady walk looking into the eyes of Jesus.

Hem me in, before me and behind me. May I always hear your voice saying, "This is the way, walk in it."

Until I hear the trumpet and the shout of the Archangel summoning me to meet the King of Kings, this is my prayer. May I look into his eyes and hear those blessed words, "Well done, good and faithful servant."

"Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered in shame."Psalm 34:4-6

2 Deep Thoughts:

Grace said...

Kacey,

I wanted to tell you that I was reading through your last couple of blogs this morning and was so blessed.

I need examples of what it looks like to SEE someone who is walking with the Lord. You are. In grace and truth.

Your "vision" was amazing. I especially thought about looking at Jesus the author and finisher of our faith.

When you are trying to balance on a tightrope (not that I have ever done that!) I can imagine that if you look down or on either side of you, you are more prone to get off balance and fall.

If you look straight ahead (to Jesus) it is easier to maintain your balance and not give into fear.

One of your comments was to be above reproach at work. I have so struggled and tripped up on that over the last year. I have been crying to God for an answer. He hears me. He hears you.

For me I think it is such a battle with my flesh and I have yet to come to grips with it.

Your children are beautiful. I love how much they are aware of the things of the Lord.

Did your parents attend all 3 prophecy updates at Athey? I was able to go to the first two, but will be calling today to order the CD's for the last one. It was amazing!

About people posting to your blog. I think that it may be that some people are not able to or do not know how to set up an account to be able to post. I personally wanted to comment before but could not because I could not figure out (duh!) how to "go blue" as they say on Joel's blog.

Have such a blessed day my dear sweet sister!


Grace

mommyjen said...

Princess -- hope you don't mind that I dropped in!!This computer thing is even more new to me than having faith !!! Sad to think that someone in their 30's is so inept but I'm trying to learn!!
Wanted to thank you for always being so REAL. You always come across to me as the 'girl-in-the-know' and always with such energy and a fresh point of view!!! Thanks for chiming in at Joel's and offering up your opinion !! I love to hear it!!! Have a day full of joy with those sweet girls of yours !!! love --- jen