Friday, May 23, 2008

I'm just gonna bag the whole thing

I like taking my own grocery bags to the store...I'm finally getting the hang of REMEMBERING them when I go. I haven't, however, grown fond of being anybody's poster child for eco-friendly shopping. I also don't like plain canvas. Therefore, I made myself this. Since I'm new to the sewing world, I think it turned out pretty well! If you'd like to see which pattern I used, here you go.
Happy shopping!

17 Deep Thoughts:

Mia said...

love it! my hippy friend :)
.........kidding

pondering said...

It's ok to bring your own bags, anyway that one is so great and pretty that I think most people will be busy admiring the bag.
I have been thinking about bringing my own bags lately too. I would only buy the canvas ones since I don't sew. But I don't see anything wrong with reducing needless waste when possible. Being a good steward does not mean you need be labeled "environmental freak". But going a little green without getting fanatical can be a good thing.
Only your bag doesn't have any green in it! :-)
I think I will buy one or two bags a paycheck until I have enough to just start using them for larger grocery trips.

Kacey said...

Just to clarify, when I say "I haven't, however, grown fond of being anybodies poster child for eco-friendly shopping" I mean that I don't like to have one specific store's logo stamped on my bag. I don't mind being eco-friendly.

pondering said...

Oh, ooops. sorry. Well that's a good thing anyway, that's all I'm sayin... ya know?

Mia said...

I’m so going to use my Safeway- Eco shopping bag as my purse this summer!! You think that will be fashionable ???

Kacey said...

I don't know mra, that's SO not Trader Joe's,you know? I mean, what will everyone think? ;)



I knew we'd be on the same page pondering:)

Mia said...

gheto gheto i'm so gheto :)

pondering said...

At least you two don't have to deal with the likes of King Soopers! LOL

Mia said...

Erickson’s! wooooohooo! Who’s in the house !

Kacey said...

Ok, who's on board with the WORST super market contest? My votes: 1. Ralphs. This is in So. Cal. Yikes! A vomiting grocery store. 2. Piggly Wiggly. There's no way I want to shop somewhere that is in any way equated with swine. It's so not kosher.

What ya'll think?

Mia said...

1. newport market when a candy bar will brake your Budget

2. food for less/ the "we let the wild bird live here store"

pondering said...

K-mart is nasty! At least in this town. You have to take three showers after you so much as drive through their parking lot.
I used to work at Stater Bros. in CA, where their moto was "we arrest at least three shoplifters a day,"

pondering said...

Oh yeah, that and "it's our meat that made us famous"

Mia said...

omg the rainbow store!!- Carry a concealed weapon ! don’t make eye contact

Her said...

This has been the funniest series of comments I have seen in a long time. I truly did "LOL" several times in a room all by myself.

For the record, I'm gonna say that the Rainbow Market in Warm Springs is the dirtiest and scariest store on God's green earth. My local friends... am I right? Non-locals, this tiny mom & pop shop (not to mention the entire town)is the stuff horror movies are made of. Of course, there is no cell reception there and your child will almost certainly ask for a potty break just as you round the corner into town. Every single time I drive through Warm Springs on the way to Portland, I pray that my car will not break down. I refuse my child any liquids and I turn off the air conditioning so my car will not be at risk of overheating. I dare say, were I ever to become stranded in Warm Springs, I would quite possibly lose my mind and jump off a cliff, lemming style. (And the tiny little A-frame Catholic church on the hill just outside of town just adds to the creepiness)

Kacey said...

I can't believe any of you have stopped at the Rainbow market. Are you NUTS? I'd rather pee into a small cup on the side of the road in the middle of traffic than stop there! Yikes! I'm seriously thinking of getting some astronaut diapers so that I NEVER have to risk a potty break. And why is there no cell service? Is it even visible from space?

Hummer said...

Haha...I stopped by myself...TWICE! Creepy fa sho!