
A week ago, I shared with a friend how negligent I'd been about sharing the hope that I have in Jesus with others. I have all the same excuses as everyone else. I'm short on time. I'm embarrassed. I'm sure they'll consider me a fanatic. There is one thing, however, that I don't think. I don't think Jesus is a liar. He said of himself, "I am the way, the truth and the life. NO ONE comes to the Father except through me."(John 14:6) Perhaps you've heard the "Lunatic,Liar or Lord" argument that was made famous by C.S. Lewis. If Jesus was just a good moral teacher and he claimed to be God and wasn't, he was lying. Good moral teachers don't lie. Either he was lying and wasn't God or a good moral teacher, or he was crazy to say he was God. None of his actions or statements would fall into ANY category of mental illness or instability. If he is neither crazy, nor a liar, he is then who he said he was. The only way to the Father. Jesus said that he and the Father are one, making himself equal to, and therefore, God. This is why he was accused by the Jewish leaders and consequently crucified. Listen to me carefully. He didn't say he was just a good teacher. He said he was God. So what do YOU do with that? If he is God, he deserves our complete worship and trust.
So, I had confessed my indifference about evangelism to my friend, and she suggested I listen to "The Way of the Master" which teaches believers in Jesus how to share their faith. I made a mental note, but didn't follow up. So last night, as I dozed after American Idol, I flipped to a channel that was showing Kirk Cameron of 80's fame teaching about evangelism. I thought, hey, that's cool. He's got some good stuff there. I watched for a while, then fell asleep. So this morning, I click on a link to someone's blog, and they have a link to a test asking "Are you good enough". I thought this was odd because this was on the TV show last night. I clicked on it, and sure enough, there was Kirk Cameron, teaching evangelism. I looked at the website, it was www.wayofthemaster.com. So, God pointed the way last week. He showed me the way last night, he maneuvered the way online this morning to hear "The Way of the Master". And isn't that just like the way of my master. He will never leave me or forsake me. He does not dwell in coincidence, but delights in showing his glory in our lives.
This "God Stop" in my life served to do two things: To remind me again that God is NEAR and cares intimately about me. And also, he cares about all of us and wants everyone to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth. (1 Tim 2:4) I can either let him use me to reach others, or, as the bible says, the very rocks will cry out. So now, I'm convinced, "Ain't no rock gonna take my place."
Adventuring with Karen
6 years ago








0 Deep Thoughts:
Post a Comment