Monday, January 29, 2007

Wake up!

The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. (Romans 13:11)

Warning: this post is not for the faint of heart. Although it may seem a bit harsh, please trust that it comes from a loving heart who's just tired of having people beat around the bush.

I cannot describe to you how many times I've woken up during the night with the words running through my mind, "wake up! Wake up!" Although this may seem a "normal" thing to think upon waking up, my spirit understood what I was hearing. It was a prayer for the church, the very body of Christ living in these end times. The Spirit cries "wake up!!"


While my sisters and brothers are eating, drinking and being merry; while they store up treasures on earth and allow themselves to be tainted by divorce and infidelity, the Lord is drawing many to him, pouring out his Spirit, bringing revival. As American Christians, we are at best luke warm, people are being brutally murdered around the world every day because they simply believe in Christ.

If you grew up in church and now think you are OK and have no room for God, wake up! You will not enter into heaven just because your parents went to church or you were a good person. No one is good enough to stand in front of a holy God. Turn back to him and allow yourself to be humble and give praise where it's due. Your jobs, activities, possessions, etc will not save you, only the gift of grace offered by Jesus can cover our sins.

Find out for yourself where you stand. This is not a time just to look for comfort. A time is rapidly approaching when it will be too late to plead ignorance, and if you've read this message, you are already without excuse. Even as I write this, please know I'm not nuts. I simply love the Lord, and I have researched my faith and discovered that Jesus really is who he claimed to be, and he claimed to be the only way to the Father, the only narrow road to eternal life.

He will not force himself on you. Unlike other rapidly growing faiths, you won't be beheaded if you don't convert. You may feel like you're really just coasting right through life, but ask yourself, is that hope based on anything, or do you feel like you're OK because things are going OK right now?

Lift your eyes to the heavens, because the King is coming soon.

0 Deep Thoughts: