Monday, January 29, 2007

A Shot of Whiskey

Life is not dull when one is in possession of a super-charged, doesn't miss a beat 3 year old. Yesterday, I was forced to cover my hind end at church because of a comment made by Baby Girl in Sunday school class a few weeks ago. Now mind you, this is second hand info through my hubby, but needless to say, still alarming. While Baby Girl and friends were wading through a detailed bible lesson about Joseph, Baby Girl decides she will give a lengthy dissertation about "a shot of whiskey" that she'd heard about. My hubby had been telling me about an illness deterrent/remedy that his dad had been given which consisted of a shot of whiskey. That was enough, I guess, for Baby Girl to generate an entire story about how SHE had had a shot of whiskey. Apparently, the teacher said she could have that at home, but they needed to talk about Joseph in class. So, yesterday, I felt it incumbent upon me to explain the incident to the pastor's wife, just in case it got around. We don't have a gossipy church, but I figured, who wouldn't want to share a story like that! And so, I share it with all of my blogging buddies.

2 Deep Thoughts:

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

Ah yes! The mind of a 3 year old works overtime. I would love to hear her tell that story! :)

Mijadedios said...

that's hilarious! funny how we manage to juggle our Christian walk, bible studies in very serious matters of salvation and eschatology and then still be able to handle our kids making us human again! I love it! and I will pray for you and your friend who are doing God's work on Saturday nights. Thanks for stopping by my site! gave me reason to check out yours. I so admire Joel! He has my dream job!