This is the lovely birthday girl who was such a gracious host and a thankful child. I couldn't have been more proud of her.
Annie was SO excited, all day long, to dance at Nat's party. Did she? Of course not!
A little clip of the girls doing the hula-I think there'll be one of the limbo stick as well! We had such a good time. We danced and sang and searched for underwater fish and I gave away one of my dolls as a prize!
The little girl who won her had just LOUDLY exclaimed, "I never win ANYTHING!" I'll have to make sure her mom knows she can't use that one anymore:) By the way, the little girl is SUCH a big "Scooby Doo" fan that the doll was immediately named Daphne. I couldn't have named her better myself. Aloha Daphne, have fun in your new home!
After all the guests had gone home, Nat came inside and said, "Mom, come outside with me."She held my hand until we reached a tree and said, "Mom, kneel down here, this is where I was praying. Lets pray together Mom." And so, we did. She thanked Jesus for saving her from her sins, for dying on the cross for her. She prayed for the little girls who couldn't come to her party because they were sick. She prayed for me, that I would be a good Mom and that God would bless me. She thanked Jesus for all her new toys and her friends. She prayed with eyes open, face lifted to the sky, palms outstretched on her lap. She asked me to pray for her, and so I did, voice cracking, tears on my face.
Mom's rarely get an unsolicited, pure glance into the souls of their children. I believe this was one of those times, and all I can think to do is thank God for such a wonderful child.
Adventuring with Karen
6 years ago








4 Deep Thoughts:
Ah, Happy Birthday cute girl! :)
Wow what a moment with your sweet daughter. Isn't amazing how God works in them?
Wow, oh wow! I LOVE this story! You will have to save this story and treasure it forever.
She is YOUR daughter, through and through. So glad we can be part of her life. What a wonderful day it was:)
I am so sad to miss such fun moments like birthday parties! Happy Birthday beautiful girl!
Post a Comment