


Pinkie was in and out of my life very quickly. No sooner had I finished the last stitch on her face did I have a destination for her in mind. She was a birthday present for a little girl we know. I didn't officially name her because I wanted to let the recipient choose a name for her so doll #4 is affectionatley "Pinkie". She is so bright she almost seems edible, like a big cherry tootsie roll pop. I have to say, I think I'll have to visit Pinkie, I miss her already.
I really think her eyes turned out the best so far, I like the brown rather than the black that I did on Jack. The little pony tail/buns on her head and the swirl on her forehead were design changes that I did all by myself!
As an aside, I have been told several times that I could sell these dolls. To be sure, I'm very flattered by that! Here's my heart though. I have ALWAYS loved giving gifts. My mom used to play this tape about a little princess who gave all of her toys away because they didn't make her happy. I heard it ...many...times. I suppose my little ego needed that lesson profoundly. Anyway, it stuck and I am just blessed beyond belief that I can make something that can bring joy to someone else. I may or may not choose to sell them, we have a great market here for such things, but nothing can compare with seeing the surprise and delight on someone's face when they receive one.
Every good and perfect gift comes from my Father in heaven, so truly I give him all the credit for allowing me to have a small skill that I can share.
Adventuring with Karen
6 years ago








2 Deep Thoughts:
Amazing, again. Just as long as you don't decide you need to have more kids, to give dolls to ;)
LOVE her! She is so colorful! I'm sure you made one little girl very happy.
Post a Comment