Monday, August 18, 2008

Annie turns three at the Dirty Shame

I don't know how many kids can say that they had their birthday party at a saloon, but Annie can boast just that. While "vacationing" in lovely Crouch Idaho, we drug our little ones to the Dirty Shame saloon. Before anyone gets their knickers in a pinch, they did not actually even go inside. "The Shame" as the locals call it, has a lovely and thus far unfinished outdoor patio where we ate mass quantities of pizza. So, shockingly enough, kids can have birthdays at saloons in Idaho. On a side note equally as shocking, did you guys know Idaho has NO recycling? That's right folks, just pitch it all in the trash. If I'd had more space we would have hauled it all home and recycled it here, it was absolutely phenomenal. Though I love Idaho in that you can go 75 mph on the freeway, their lack of recycling is totally 20th century. Get with the green Idaho, your trailer park undergarmets are showing!

8 Deep Thoughts:

Kacey said...

hmm. I didn't think his aunt in Boise had recycling...maybe I missed that. If so, right on. And one can be ecologically minded and not socialist. I don't think doing the right thing needs to be legislated, but at least available!

Matt said...

I agree about ecology not equaling socialism.. it's the difference between doing something because it's the right thing to do, and forcing your neighbor to do something because you think it's the right thing to do :) We have FAR too much of the latter up here.

Not that Annie cared about all that junk. She got pizza!

Kacey said...

Pizza, pashaw. She got CHAPSTICK, and lots of it. It's good to be 3. She can't wait to see you!!

Matt said...

I can't wait to see her and the rest of the crew, either.. I'm just afraid I'll get a stupid notion in my head, like.. moving back. Please don't encourage me.

I have to admit, I am kind of curious to see what lies in store now that I've gotten Seattle back out of my system and the Year of Exile™ is almost over.

Her said...

Look at you two, solving the world's (I mean Idaho's) problems, one blog at a time. May I interject? Before we all write the Idahoan congressmen about eco-communism...I think Idaho has bigger fish to fry...a higher than average dental caries rate (these things matter to some people:), and, um, don't they still have a remarkably high skinhead population. Discuss.

Her said...

PS. Aw, Annie looks so cute in front of that Coors neon sign! Wish I could have been at the dirty @#%*! with you:)

pondering said...

Kacey, you are soooo puretee in the picture! You look like a magazine cover.
I'll bet Idaho has no smog, which is way better than So Cal! Ugg, brown sky, with sometimes a tint of green... green is good but the wrong color for the sky.

Mia said...

oh and when i was in the springs they did not have recycling either
you all look so tan in that picture :)