Wednesday, March 26, 2008

And then there were three...dolls that is




Meet the new addition, the first little boy. His skin is made from fabric that I died with some tea bags, his shirt and buttons are from Geoff's Hawaiian shirt he never wore, his jeans are an old pair that, well, didn't fit anymore and his shoes are a cool fern pattern that I found at Joanne's. Oh, his hair is corduroy from an olds jacket of Geoff's.

I really have no idea what I'm going to do with him or name him, any suggestions? You know, if I put some glasses on him, he'd look like my Dad!!

11 Deep Thoughts:

Christy said...

Hold a raffle. We'll all buy tickets. The winner gets Daddy McCall doll. Then you can buy a sewing machine with the funds that come in!
You have a real talent and that's the truth!

Kacey said...

so how to do a virtual raffle...

pondering said...

It's spelled E-b-a-y.. not a raffle but an auction.
Guess you couldn't get enough for him on Ebay for a whole sewing machine. drat.

Mia said...

lilly should marry him

pondering said...

His name should be Stuart

Her said...

He is so cute! I still can't believe you are making these dolls. Uh, I mean that in a good way! I wish I could call up Kacey from 3 years ago and show her my knitted scarf and these dolls. She wouldn't believe it! These dolls are seriously cute and they look really well made.

Now for a name. Did you see my name suggestion for him on the "Annie's Lilly" post? I think it will work:) How about Maika'i? It's pronounced like Micah-ee. Means good lookin'. Or continue the LOST theme-they do film that show in Hawaii. You could name him "The Island". If we could find a name that contains both biblical references as well as LOST ones...

Kacey said...

I think I'm naming him Jack. It's Hebrew, meaning God is gracious. AND it goes with the "Lost" which films in Hawaii theme. There you go.

Anonymous said...

Too cool. Reminds me of that doll I had as a kid.. Dapper Dan? With the zippers? It's really dusty down in that sub-basement of my memory :)

Kacey said...

yes, dapper dan. I thought so too:)

k

Kacey said...

The boy went to Habeebe. She has a thing for Jack, so I thought it was appropriate.

Her said...

Oh how I love my little Jack! He's no Matthew Fox... but he is so cute and cuddly. How delighted I was to hear he was going to me:) I'm gonna loove him and squeeeze him and haave him for my verrry own. Thanks PK!