Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Triumph!!

Well, when someone says, "it's just like riding a bicycle", now Nat will now what they mean. Our little spitfire nearly spit fire as she stumbled and scraped her way to full riding prowess, but she did it.

I was so proud of her. It's so hard to just WATCH your child struggle and fall and hurt themselves, but in the end, it's so much more rewarding. I got to see the look of success on her face, and for the woman that she'll become, that is priceless. These little successes will continue to show her that she can accomplish almost anything if she is patient with herself and doesn't give up.

Her face flushed beat red, she dunked herself in the ice cold kid pool repeatedly to cool herself off physically and emotionally, and she told Geoff and I off a few times for trying to "help", but in the end, as she skidded to a stop she said, "Jesus helped me learn to ride my bike!". For such moments, there are no words.

3 Deep Thoughts:

pondering said...

Awesome! Oh the joys of being a mom! How wonderful!

Her said...

Good job Nattie! I can't wait to see you do it in person! We love you & miss you:)

Matt said...

Well, it's no blue-and-yellow Huffy, but a job well done nonetheless.

Way to go, Nattie Bean.