Well, Nat had another practice tonight for her recital this weekend. It was a closed practice, so all of us neurotic doting mothers couldn't even watch. All the tappers are doing songs from Grease, so at least it's been fun to listen too! My goodness, there are some moms with their nighties in a pinch. What about this or that and do they do this or that and what make up do they wear and on and on and on. Seriously. I promise, it'll all be fine. (Hey, Jennifer, Kellie, this does not apply to you if you're reading. You are normal, cool, fun parents:)
The people I felt bad for were the mini sewing circle we have going, all the little sister siblings. There is Lilly, Millie, Annie and Ruby. Doesn't it sound like they should be 80 instead of 1-3 years old? Well, I guess the old saying is true, everything old is new again.
So I'll let you know what I think when I can actually see the hand jive and watch all the dancers. For now, the all week practicing marathon continues!
Adventuring with Karen
6 years ago








4 Deep Thoughts:
All I can say is, there had better be enough pictures and video of this even to choke the very internet itself :)
Wish I could be there.. I miss you guys.
Ellie had a "demonstration" after her week of gymnastics camp and I'm pretty sure the camera coverage on this simple little performance rivals the Olympics! She was adorable during their little group dance and I have to admit I teared up - what a wimp! Then, at the crucial moment when she demonstrated her most advanced talent of a cartwheel on the high balance beam (with the safety mat mere inches from her daring feat - my camera needed to eject the tape for no reason!!! AAAAHHH a mom's worst nightmare. Needless to say, she hasn't asked to see it and I haven't offered up the fact that I didn't capture her memory : < (
I pray that this tragedy doesn't happen to you, dear friend. Oh yeah - here's a cyber tissue just in case!
I can't wait to see pictures and video! :) What fun.
It is going to be wonderful!! :)
LOL this is great! It's so fun to be a mom at this stage. I love your description of this story. I can't wait until you do get your camera back.
Post a Comment